top of page

Are Your Services Covered By My Benefits? 

Hopefully! A lot of benefit plans cover my services.  Here's what you need to look for: 
Masters of Social Work (MSW) or Registered Social Worker (RSW) 
It can be helpful if you look into your benefit coverage before your first session so that you have an idea of how many sessions are covered. 

Will You Invoice My Insurance Directly? 

I will make it as easy for you as possible, but I don't invoice directly.


After each session I will issue you an invoice with my registration number that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. If you don't have coverage, you can hang onto your invoices as counselling provided by a Registered Social Worker (RSW) can be claimed as medical expense when filing your income tax returns.

Are Your Services Covered by OHIP? 

I dream of the day.....

No, right now psychotherapy is only covered by OHIP when it is provided by a GP (your family doctor) or a psychiatrist. 

Are Your Services Tax-Deductible? 

They are!  Counselling services provided by a Registered Social Worker (RSW) have been able to be claimed as a medical expense when filing your income tax return since September 26, 2012. Registered Social Workers are considered “medical practitioners” for the purposes of claiming medical expenses on your tax return. 

Ready to Book a Session? 
bottom of page